[Histonet] Alcian Blue 2.5

Laurie Elmgren lelmgren <@t> sunriselab.com
Wed Mar 24 04:32:43 CDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

Lately, we have been having a problem with our Alcian Blue. It is fine
up to the washing step. Once it hits the water, the blue fades to
unacceptable. We have tried reducing the water rinse after the blue to
just a quick rinse in d-H20, and it is still poor. The vendor replaced
the kit, and it worked fine the first time, then two weeks later, the
same problem arose. Three different techs have tried the stain three
times. Any suggestions?

Laurie Elmgren

Histology Supervisor

Sunrise Medical Labs

240 Motor Pkwy

Hauppauge, NY 11788

(631)435-1515x1108

"This message contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you must not disseminate, copy or
take any action in reliance on it."