[Histonet] number of slides

Sue suetp918 <@t> comcast.net
Tue Mar 23 17:08:17 CDT 2010

We do three levels on all diagnostic biopsies. Liver and Kidney also get upfront special stains, as do gastric biopsies (h pylori)
We did cut down on extra unstained slides since we were discarding most of them. As far as stopping levels, my pathologist thinks it goes against standard
of care. As for prostate biopsies, they are so small any more, that we are thinking o cutting 4 slides staining 1and 4 for H&E and holding 2 and 3 for possible IHC. We
are finding that when we have to go back there is minimal tumor for IHC demonstration.

Susan T. Paturzo
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital