[Histonet] RE: Leica Paraplast

Debbie Dreesen ddreesen <@t> sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 23 13:29:03 CDT 2010

Hi Kristen,
We were using the Paraplast Xtra and switched to something else after we noticed a difference in the quality of the paraffin. The tissues weren't cutting as well and the paraffin seemed to be "gritty". We found we were going through many more blades due to nicks and scratches and many times had to switch blades mid-block.

From: histonet-request <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu <histonet-request <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Message: 4
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:12:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: kristen arvidson <arvidsonkristen <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Leica Paraplast
To: histonet <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

Has anyone who uses paraplast (we use the basic one) noticed a change in the quality of your tissue?  I have recently found out that they have changed manufacturing sites in the past couple of months.  I am having on and off issues with my skin specimens that have been going on for about 2 months or so.  Thought there may be a correlation.  Any thoughts?