[Histonet] Removing erythrocytes from fixed tissue

Ceri Allen Ceri.Allen <@t> nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Mar 18 10:35:38 CDT 2010

Dear Histonetters,

Does anyone know whether it is possible to remove erythrocytes from
fixed tissue?

Background: I am using an IgM antibody with a FITC conjugated secondary
on 5 micron sections of formalin fixed tissue. I'm getting a lot of
non-specific labelling of erythrocytes, but I'm not sure whether this is
due to the IgM binding to the erythrocytes, or auto-fluorescence due to
the tissue being formalin fixed. Changing the fixative is not possible
as all the experimental tissue was collected a long time ago, So I'm
looking for any other solutions.

Any suggestions would be gratefully  received

Ceri

Research Technician

School of Veterinary Medicine and Science

Sutton Bonnington Campus

University of Nottingham

Tel. 0115 95 16459

ceri.allen <@t> nottingham.ac.uk