[Histonet] Question about new Frieda Carson book

Valerie Rodriguez vrodriguez10 <@t> gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 08:00:32 CDT 2010

I have a question about the new Frieda Carson book: Histotechnology: A
Self-Instructional Text 3rd edition. In this book there is a new chapter
about cytopreparation techniques. I will like to know if this chapter
teaches you how to troubleshoot problems in the staining of the slides, how
to do fine needle aspirations and other techniques in cytology, or it just
gives you a brief review of how to prepare cytology?????. I have the
previous version, the new book came right after I graduate histotech school.
Is it worth to buy the new book? Someone told me the pictures and text of
all the other chapters have not changed, just the new cytology chapter.

My lab is concentrated more in fine needle aspirations (cytology) than
histology so I think it will be good for me to buy the new edition since is
like a chapter made just for histotech so that they can undersand cytology
better, but since is new is a little pricey. I may wait until the price is a
little lower. Frieda's book is very excelent in preparing histotechs on how
to troubleshoot problems, but I will like to find a book like that but for
cytotechnology.

What are your opinions????