[Histonet] Block patient IDs

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sat Mar 13 09:57:13 CST 2010

The new derm path lab I am associated with built their own computerized
specimen tracking system and I am pretty sure that the same multi unique
identifiers that are printed on the slides are printed on the blocks.  They
have leica slide and block printers connected to accessioning and grossing
by touch screen computers and I believe they are labeled the same.  If the
block labeling and slide labeling are integrated why not keep them the same?

Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215
Aurora, CO 80045
720-859-4060
fax 720-859-4110
www.ihctech.net
www.ihcrg.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Terri Brown
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 9:00 AM
To: Nails, Felton; Anne van Binsbergen;
histonet-request <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Block patient IDs

I think  you will find that CAP is asking if 2 patient identifiers are
used throughout the entire process.  We engrave the blocks, slides and a
computer generated block count log that uses 2 patient identifiers.

Terri H. Brown,, HT (ASCP)
Pathology Laboratory Manager
Northside Hospital  Atlanta
terri.brown <@t> northside.com