[Histonet] television coverage of Histotechnology Professionals Day

Della Speranza, Vinnie dellav <@t> musc.edu
Thu Mar 11 13:15:02 CST 2010

I thought some of you might be interested to learn that our histo lab staff were interviewed yesterday by the Charleston CBS affiliate station Live 5 News. The interview was telecast last evening at about 5:30 pm so we succeeded in getting histology on the air waves.

The news reporter showed up with almost no warning while I was enroute to the state capital with Wanda Smith to meet with our governor. I'm thrilled that our techs were in the spotlight. They and all of you, deserve to be recognized for all that you do to enhance our quality of life.

If you'd like to see the video clip, go to

http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=12118805

on that page, off to the right, you will see the phrase
"Lab techs recognized for work behind the scenes"

Click on that phrase and the video will open. Turn up your speakers as the volume is a bit inconsistent.

The telecast was perfect in every way. The video clip does not include two "teasers" that preceded the actual segment, you know the ones where they say "when we return, histotechs at MUSC..."

Vinnie Della Speranza
Manager for Anatomic Pathology Services
165 Ashley Avenue Suite 309
Charleston, SC 29425