[Histonet] AZF

mtitford <@t> aol.com mtitford <@t> aol.com
Wed Mar 3 07:57:22 CST 2010

Dr Kiernan asks about AZF

When the safety people in our medical center finally pried the last of the B-5 from my cold, dead, hand, we replaced it with AZF which contains formaldehyde, zinc chloride, methanol and acetic acid. Our hematopathologist claims it is better than straight zinc formalin, and, until recently, it was available in prefilled containers making it perfect for dishing out to clinics and floors etc. It works almost as well as B-5. It is sold in the USA by Newcomer supply. You still cannot pour it down the sink after use, but is not so dangerous as mercury containing B-5.

Michael Titford
Pathology USA
Mobile AL USA