[Histonet] bone marrow fixative

Amy Farnan Farnana <@t> nehealth.com
Tue Mar 2 13:12:04 CST 2010

Good afternoon everyone,

In past years our lab used B-5 fixative on bone marrow biopsies for better immunostaining.
With the chemical hazards of B-5 we switched to AZF fixative and have been using this for the past few years. I am just curious what everyone else is using for fixative on their bone marrows and how is your immunoreactivity?  Maybe a better question is what is the preferred fixative for bone marrows?

Have a nice day,
Amy Farnan
Histology Supervisor
Northeast Health

Disclaimer: The information in this message is confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not disclose, copy, or distribute this message, and please immediately contact the sender.