[Histonet] H. pylori RTU antibody

McMahon, Loralee A Loralee_Mcmahon <@t> URMC.Rochester.edu
Wed Jun 30 10:05:25 CDT 2010

Use the RTU from Biocare.  It is clean and easy.  You can use it with the Dako Flex Kit.

Loralee McMahon, HTL (ASCP)
Immunohistochemistry Supervisor
Strong Memorial Hospital
Department of Surgical Pathology
(585) 275-7210
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Drew Meyer [41dmb41 <@t> gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 10:41 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] H. pylori RTU antibody

I was just wondering if a lot of people use the RTU antibodies available out
there for H. pylori.  Currently, we're testing the RTU from Dako and we're
having issues with a lot of background staining.  After tweaking the
protocol a lot, I've managed to get a lot of it removed, but there are still
some issues.  I was wondering if most people are making their own dilutions
to get a better stain or if the RTUs are commonplace.  I appreciate the
feedback!

Thanks,
Drew