[Histonet] (no subject)

Feher, Stephen sfeher <@t> CMC-NH.ORG
Wed Jun 23 16:50:45 CDT 2010

We retain them until the specimen is signed out, usually no more than 3
days.  This has been helpful if the specimen container labeling is
called into question either by the pathologist (because the cellular
profile does not match what the specimen source indicates) or the
clinician.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Hartz,
Rhonda SktnHR
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 5:55 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] (no subject)

Hi.  This is my first time, so I apologize if I am not clear enough.  We
have had a request from one of our pathologists to retain empty specimen
containers after grossing is complete.  Is anyone aware of any
recommendations, or does anyone out there retain their empty specimen
containers?

Rhonda Hartz
Technologist Supervisor
Anatomic Pathology Division