[Histonet] Help Resurrecting Dried Fixed Tissue

Parsons, Catherine cparsons <@t> vt.edu
Wed Jun 23 10:16:02 CDT 2010

I am grasping at straws and hoping for ideas to salvage some formalin fixed tissue specimens.  I work in a research lab, and am quite new to histology and this particular lab.  A former student left formalin fixed tissue specimens that were stored in 70% ethanol.  Unfortunately, the seal failed on a few of the vials, the ethanol evaporated, and the tissue is a dried out disaster at the bottom of the vial.

Has anyone has any experience / luck rehydrating tissues?  Really, any information that I could possibly pull out of these specimens would be welcome.

Cathy Parsons