[Histonet] RE: Certification

Johnson, Teri TJJ <@t> stowers.org
Wed Jun 16 15:23:48 CDT 2010

Dear Joyce,

I too am in Kansas City, MO and Missouri does not have any state license or requirement for needing the HT certification in order to cut permanent slides. That may be a requirement from your employer, they can set the minimum standard for what you can and cannot do based on your education, training and certifications. For instance, because I do not have my HTL, I may be ineligible for certain job openings because they have made that a condition of employment.

I cannot speak to the other potential distance learning courses out there. I would do a google search for "Histology Distance Learning" or some such permutation of it and see what comes up. Additionally you may get some other responses from the Histonet.

Best wishes,
Teri Johnson, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Managing Director, Histology Facility
Stowers Institute for Medical Research