[Histonet] alcohol monitoring

WILLIAM DESALVO wdesalvo.cac <@t> hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 15:32:43 CDT 2010

What type of "alcohol" are you being asked to test and why? OSHA does establish limits for Isopropyl Alcohol (PEL 400 ppm) because it is an irritant. If you are doing tissue processing w/out xylene, then you are probably using isoporpyl alcohol and should test personnel maintaining the processor. I think you will need additional information before you can set a plan.

William DeSalvo, B.S., HTL(ASCP)