[Histonet] Uneven fluorescent staining

Alexia Francisca Núñez Parra alexia_fran <@t> hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 10:28:42 CDT 2010

Thank you so much for your answer Anatoli!
- I  tried the citrate buffer boiling system and I obtained the same unreliable results with NeuN. Some animals showed a great NeuN staining and others did not. I really thought at that point that my perfusion was the problem and I switched from making my own PFA4% to buying a 16%PFA from Electron Microscopy Sciences, which I think solved the problem. Now I'm obtaining a good NeuN staining but only in some regions of the tissue.
- I am using the Rat monoclonal from Abcam (1:250)
- I'll consider the new method using Edu labeling for new experiment and will try the ProLong Gold antifade, thank you very much for the advice.

Alexia Nunez
University of Maryland, College Park