[Histonet] filing unstained slides

Richard Cartun Rcartun <@t> harthosp.org
Fri Jul 30 15:42:37 CDT 2010

We file all of our unstained slides (after heating in a 60 degree oven for 30 minutes) with our IHC slides.  We frequently go back and do IHC on unstains and I have not noticed any tissue damage.  Obviously, care must be taken when filing to prevent tissue damage.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & Immunopathology
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596 Office
(860) 545-2204 Fax

>>> <zodiac29 <@t> comcast.net> 7/30/2010 4:07 PM >>>
To All,

Just wanted to know how other labs are filing their unstained slides?? If filing along with stained coverslipped slides wouldn't the sections on the unstained slides get scratched?? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jenny