[Histonet] Re: Phospho-Histone 3 (SER10) antibody

Andrea Marion amario3 <@t> uic.edu
Mon Jul 26 12:53:50 CDT 2010

I have used a phospho-H3 Ser10 antibody successfully on FFPE sections of
adult mouse heart and mouse embryos. Ours is Millipore 06-570 (formerly
Upstate 06-570) Lot# DAM1644557 and HIER with 10mM sodium citrate buffer,
0.05% Tween-20 pH 6.0 works great.

In the past we tried a phospho H3 Ser10 antibody from Cell Signaling
Technology #9706 and it works fine on Western blots, but we could never
get it to work on immunostainings. This is a different antibody and
company from Millipore/Upstate.

Andrea Marion
Graduate Student
University of Illinois - Chicago
amario3 [at] uic [dot] edu

I have been trying without success to get this antibody to work.   Is
anyone doing this antibody?  We have the Leica Bond Max and would like
to perform it on this platform.  I have tried 2 antibodies from Cell
Signaling Technology without any success.   Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

Martha Ward, MT (ASCP) QIHC
Assistant Manager, Molecular Diagnostics Lab
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center
336-716-2104