[Histonet] Biocare P63 with Dako Flex detection

Mark Tarango marktarango <@t> gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 16:28:09 CDT 2010

Hi Cathy,

I'm using their p63, but on the Ventana XT with ultraview DAB detection.  We
use it at 1:200 and get a strong signal in both breast and prostate
tissues.

If you haven't tried staining various cases of prostate, I'd suggest it.
Sometimes I'll get a prostate that stains the basal cells nicely and other
times the signal is much weaker.  It might have something to do with
fixation in the resection specimens.  If you can't get a strong signal in a
prostate needle biopsy, then it's definately a staining issue and not the
tissue.

I got stuck trying to stain a bad prostate once and wouldn't want that to
happen to you.

Good Luck!

Mark