[Histonet] Vendors of Specimen Tracking Systems

Perkocha, Luke luke.perkocha <@t> ucsf.edu
Wed Jul 21 12:37:26 CDT 2010

Dear Listservers,

We're trying to compile a list of vendors of AP/histology specimen tracking to investigate. We have Cerner Co-path LIS, and they have their own product. The following are other vendors we've heard of - are their any others we should investigate? Which of these are "not ready for prime time" in your estimation?

    *   Ventana
    *   Dako
    *   Omni Trax
    *   Label Clinic
    *   ID positive, from General Data
    *   Brady Specimen Labeling
    *   University of Washington system - ? awaiting commercialization

Many thanks!

Luke Perkocha, MD, MBA
Associate Professor, Pathology and Dermatology
Associate Director, Surgical Pathology
University of California, San Francisco
Office: 415 885-7254