[Histonet] Embedding multiple GI pieces on end in a paraffin block

Mike Pence mpence <@t> grhs.net
Fri Jul 16 11:00:01 CDT 2010

I have techs that embed 10-15 pieces on end in one block. Just cool the
block slowly and move your pieces around quickly.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
kgrobert <@t> rci.rutgers.edu
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 10:24 AM
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Embedding multiple GI pieces on end in a paraffin
block

Is there a way to do this without one or more pieces falling over?  I
saw in the archive the method for frozen sections-embed them on their
sides in OCT, then cut on the end, but I don't think I'd be able to do
that in paraffin.  Would one of the tissue microarray methods work?
(I've never done that before, so I have no idea.)

Thanks in advance for all your help,
Kathleen

Principal Lab Technician
Neurotoxicology Labs