[Histonet] FW: Fried biopsies

Carol Fields Carol.Fields <@t> Northside.com
Thu Jul 15 08:42:48 CDT 2010

From: Carol Fields
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2010 9:37 AM
To: 'histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: Fried biopsies

Hi Histotechs,
We have fried GI biopsies this morning and I remember a solution you can
soak them in to reprocess them and hopefully make them diagnosable.  It
has been several years since I used this solution so I do not have the
recipe.  Does anyone out there ....Derm lab, or anywhere that knows how
to back this tissue up to salvage it?
Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
Carole

Carole Fields, HT (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
Northside Hospital
Atlanta, GA 30342
carol.fields <@t> northside.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission has been sent by Northside Hospital. It may contain information that is confidential, privileged, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message, any part of it, or any attachments. If you have received this message in error, please delete this message and any attachments from your system without reading the content and notify the sender immediately of the inadvertent transmission. There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege.