[Histonet] Difference between Protease and Proteinase-K?

Kathleen Jones Kjones <@t> upei.ca
Mon Jul 12 12:35:40 CDT 2010

Hello Jennifer

I'm not sure what platform you are using, but from my experience, I
obtain beautiful results for CD31 in canine and feline tissue, but the
protocols for each are quite different. For CD31 in canine tissue I use
a tris based buffer and for feline I use protease.

I know this doesn't answer you question, but thought I would pass along
what works for me.

Good Luck
Kathy

Kathleen Jones
Research Technician
Pathology/Microbiology
AVC - UPEI
(902)566-0595

>>> "Jennifer Campbell" <jcampbell <@t> vdxpathology.com> 7/12/2010 2:07 PM

Hi All,

  I would like to try enzyme digestion on my CD31 (for K9 and feline
tissue) which I haven't been able to get to work using citrate buffer
pH
6.0 or pH 9.0.  I have heard recommendations for both Protease and
Proteinase-K but, do not know which one I should try out.  Any
feedback
on the differences between the two?

Thanks,

Jennifer Campbell