[Histonet] Peloris Users

Sharon.Davis-Devine Sharon.Davis-Devine <@t> carle.com
Thu Jul 8 08:51:10 CDT 2010

To all you Peloris users, here is my delimma.  When we follow the machines prompt to change the solutions because of purity and we then process small biopsies on the machine, it overprocesses the specimens. So the staff have been overrriding the prompt to change the solutions causing specimens to be processed in impure solutions causing a host of other problems. Have any of you out there with Peloris experience had this problem? Is it a machine problem that should be fixed or human error due to overriding the prompts?  I am new to this position and have very little experience with this issue so any help or suggestions will be greatly appreiciated. Thank you.

Sharon Davis-Devine, CT (ASCP)
Cytology-Histology  Supervisor
Carle Foundation Hospital
Laboratory and Pathology Services