[Histonet] (no subject)

Podawiltz, Thomas tpodawiltz <@t> lrgh.org
Wed Jul 7 12:21:02 CDT 2010

That is a hard question. Here when we hire a un registered tech, they are given a time limit (3 years) to get their certification. At the end of three years, we reserve the right to terminate if they have not achieved their certification.

What are the levels for your lab? Do you have anything like Lab Scientist 1, 2 or 3 and if so are there pay ranges between each level?

If there are levels like that, I as manager,  would keep him in level 1 with no salary increase until the degree is finished.

Tom Podawiltz, HT (ASCP)
Histology Section Head/Laboratory Safety Officer
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Fredrickson, Mona [mfredrickson <@t> nrh-ok.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 1:03 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] (no subject)

Hello All in Histoland,
I have a tech who is employed as Histotech eligible, but he was not able to pass the HT exam and now is no longer eligible to thake the test because he has to get his associates degree in science.  The lab management wants to change his title from histotech eligible to histotech non-registered without pay increase.  But I feel the pay should be increased. So I would appreciate comments on the following:
1.) should title be changed from eligible to non-registered?
2.) After having done this for 8 years should his pay stay the same?
3. Should job responsibilities remain the same
 Thank you in advance for feedback!
Histotech in Oklahoma

<FONT face=homa size=
<FONT color=000ff><U><FONT size=
<P>CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:</U></P>
<P>This e-mail communication and any attachments may
contain confidential and privileged information for the use
of the designated recipients named above. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you
have received this communication in error and that any
review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying
of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the sender
immediately and destroy all copies of this communication
and any attachments.</FONT></FONT></FONT></P>