[Histonet] Fading of Histology slides

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sun Jan 31 14:13:15 CST 2010

Almost any kind of mounting medium can present some fading IF the slides are not properly prepared before coverslipping or IF the medium is more acid that it should or IF the slides are exposed to strong light.
You have to consider all these 3 factors before trying to switch to a different mounting medium as a solution to your problem.
Oven drying your sections before coverslipping eliminates many of these fading conditions.
René J.

--- On Sun, 1/31/10, Aazath Raj <aazath <@t> hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Aazath Raj <aazath <@t> hotmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Fading of Histology slides
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 12:05 AM

Dear Colleagues ,

                    I am an Histopathology Technologist .We use DPX (merck) as the mounting medium for the the light microscopy slides. Particularly H&E slides gets faded very fast with min 3 -4 month. Is there any other alternative other than gum dammar which we are not getting now a days in the market.

Can any one suggest me with some way to avoid the fading of H&E slides.

With regards,

Aazathraj.P

Technical Officer,

Department of Histopathology and Cytology

Apollo Hospitals-Chennai

India