[Histonet] RE: Friday Hour of Fun

Mahoney,Janice A Janice.Mahoney <@t> alegent.org
Fri Jan 29 10:44:04 CST 2010

I'd ask how he sees his relationship with the histotechnologists, histo supervisor, etc.
I'd ask him what his expectation is regarding TAT of slides/special stains/IHC/rectus.
If there is more than one Pathologist, I'd ask how they would collaborate to decide on standard work. For example, will you cut one two or three slides on GI bxs.  (in other words will he accept that you will not do specific things for individual Pathologists, that they will decide on standard work).
these are a few thing off the top of my head.
Good luck, it will be interesting to see what others come up with.
Jan Mahoney
Omaha, NÉE

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Breeden, Sara
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2010 9:37 AM
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Friday Hour of Fun

I have a Hypothetical Situation for which I would like your input.  If
you - as a histologist - were to be involved in the interview of a
potential staff pathologist, what questions would you ask this
candidate?  Think of the practical and logical issues, but also the
unique and pertinent secondary Things You'd Like to Know.  I would like
input from techs AND pathologists.  If you were a pathologist in an
interview situation, what questions would you think appropriate?  If
you're a tech, what would you like to know about this candidate before
he begins to orbit your universe?

Please write me off Histonet - not for any other reason than it's likely
that everyone will not be interested in this subject.  Thank you again
and I can't wait to see what answers I will get!

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

NM Dept. of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services

PO Box 4700