[Histonet] Wright-Giemsa stain

DKBoyd <@t> chs.net DKBoyd <@t> chs.net
Mon Jan 25 10:11:13 CST 2010

We also do the bone marrow assisting/staining etc.  We stain our smears on
a Wescor AeroSpray  slide stainer.  We use the Rapid program which is a 5
min program.  But, we have to stain them twice to get the correct
intensity that our pathologist prefer.

Debbie M. Boyd, HT(ASCP) l Chief Histologist l Southside Regional Medical
Center I
200 Medical Park Boulevard l Petersburg, Va.  23805 l T: 804-765-5050 l F:
804-765-5582 l dkboyd <@t> chs.net

"Marshall, Kimberly" <Kimberly.Marshall <@t> ahss.org>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
01/22/2010 04:27 PM

histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
cc

Subject
[Histonet] Wright-Giemsa stain

I am from a small Hospital where due to the size, Histology does the
Bone Marrow's.  We go to the procedure, make the smears, as well as do
the Wright-Giemsa stain.   I am having a hard time getting the Wright's
stain dark enough for my Pathologist.   I have added stain time, checked
the pH of my stain, tried different rinse's and buffers, but still not
getting it dark enough.  I do go back to the stain for 45 mins or more
and that will get it at least close to what they want.  Is there anyone
out there that can give me some advise on this stain?   Thanks in
advance for your time

Kimberly

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or
confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the
intended
recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
to the
distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying
to this
message and deleting the material from any computer.