[Histonet] Joel - re: tendons

Liz Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Fri Jan 22 12:49:45 CST 2010

Vicki is correct for larger samples I process manually with graded
alcohols - overnight for each step till I get to the last 100% alcohol,
I do 3 100% for larger samples (we process large 2 x 3 tissue both soft
tissue and bone routinely).  You might think that these tissues will be
over processed but we have never really experienced that.  What you
don't want to have is an under processed sample.  I have a processing
cycle on the processor that's 6 hours per station, for the last alcohol,
xylenes and paraffins (I also use 3 xylenes and 4 paraffin stations).
Vicki is correct - tendon can be challenging.  The reason we manually
process is that we can't tie up our tissue processor that much for these
samples.  We only have one.  But we have lots of different processing
cycles for all types of tissue.

Liz

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC