[Histonet] special stains

Jennifer Campbell jcampbell <@t> vdxpathology.com
Wed Jan 6 15:01:19 CST 2010

I couldn't agree with you more, Liz!  I am from a GLP lab as well and we
have to undergo validation for every single new piece of equipment we
acquire otherwise we are not considered GLP-compliant.  Who is to say
that your new stainer is going to stain slides in the same manner as
your old stainer?--which is exactly why you have to validate your
equipment and ensure that it is performing what the user has programmed
it to perform and giving you accurate and consistent results.  And we
re-validate any time a change is made as well, whether we switch
equipment or make a change to a staining protocol.  We have special
forms to document staining results and access to runtime logs on our
stainer which allows us to ensure that the stainer carried out the
correct protocol steps.

Jen