[Histonet] Biogenex i6000 or ????

Silverman, Jeffrey JSilverman <@t> NSHS.edu
Wed Jan 6 08:57:17 CST 2010

Hello Histonetters,
It's been a long long time since I've subscribed, and I'm back since I
need help.
We currently run a Dako Artisan for our limited IHC menu and tinctorial
special stains. I've been informed that Dako will stop supporting IHC on
the Artisan in about 18 months. Our machine is very old and is beginning
to crap out on us. They want to give us an Artisan Classic replacement
on a reagent rental basis but the loss of IHC support soon would be a
major impediment to our services.
The Biogenex i6000 has caught my eye and I'd like to hear from any users
out their with their experiences good or bad.
We have a small workload of IHC and specials and space is non-existent
so we cannot use a dedicated IHC machine, we need an instrument that
does both and will not result in our discarding thousands of dollars of
expired unused reagents due to our small workload.
Users of any other similar instruments are encouraged to reply as well.
All the best in 2010 to all you guys and gals out there.

Jeffrey S. Silverman HT HTL QIHC (ASCP)
Pathologists' Assistant
Southside Hospital Bay Shore, New York USA