[Histonet] Re: FNA code

Weems, Joyce JWeems <@t> sjha.org
Fri Jan 1 20:24:28 CST 2010

It is an expensive resource, but a good one. It is difficult to code accurately but is so important so as not to be misconstrued as fraud!  j

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
Saint Joseph's Hospital
5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
678-843-7376 - Phone
678-843-7831 - Fax

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Robert Richmond
Sent: Fri 1/1/2010 3:40 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Re: FNA code

Vinnie Della Speranza notes: >>a resource your dept might find very
beneficial entitled "Pathology Service Coding Handbook" which is
authored by Dennis Padget, a noted coding authority.<<

I can Google references to Dennis L. Padget's "Pathology Service
Coding Handbook", but I cannot find out how to buy it. It may be a
handout at high-priced coding conferences, and not available in the
book trade at all.

In my locum tenens practice I am often called on to do CPT coding,
usually without so much as the AMA's annual book by way of references.
I find most small pathology services nearly clueless about CPT coding.
I typically hear from the staff about how careful Dr. Smith is about
billing for everything, and then I find out he's hemorrhaging money by
undercoding.

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Knoxville TN

Confidentiality Notice:
This email, including any attachments is the
property of Catholic Health East and is intended
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please reply to the
sender that you have received the message in
error, then delete this message.