[Histonet] Re: FNA code

Robert Richmond rsrichmond <@t> gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 14:40:26 CST 2010

Vinnie Della Speranza notes: >>a resource your dept might find very
beneficial entitled "Pathology Service Coding Handbook" which is
authored by Dennis Padget, a noted coding authority.<<

I can Google references to Dennis L. Padget's "Pathology Service
Coding Handbook", but I cannot find out how to buy it. It may be a
handout at high-priced coding conferences, and not available in the
book trade at all.

In my locum tenens practice I am often called on to do CPT coding,
usually without so much as the AMA's annual book by way of references.
I find most small pathology services nearly clueless about CPT coding.
I typically hear from the staff about how careful Dr. Smith is about
billing for everything, and then I find out he's hemorrhaging money by
undercoding.

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Knoxville TN