[Histonet] Snap Freezing Tissue

Adam . anonwums1 <@t> gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 16:31:58 CST 2010

I learned to freeze tissue by taking a beaker and filling it with
2-methylbutane and then placing that beaker in a liquid nitrogen bath. You
then take place your cryomold, hold it using some long forceps, and place it
on the top of the 2-methylbutane. It will freeze the entire thing in about
10 seconds. Once it's frozen, you dip the entire mold into the
2-methylbutane. Seems to work well for me.

Adam