[Histonet] Bcl-2

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Feb 24 11:14:37 CST 2010

I always did HIER at pH6 for BCL-2, diluted  at 1:10 (DAKO Ab) during 30 min incubarion. FFPE tonsil as control.
René J.

--- On Wed, 2/24/10, Hannen, Valerie <Valerie.Hannen <@t> parrishmed.com> wrote:

From: Hannen, Valerie <Valerie.Hannen <@t> parrishmed.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Bcl-2
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 11:48 AM

Hi everyone,

I am hoping you all can help me solve a problem that I am having with
my Bcl-2 stain. I can get it to stain Follicular Lymphoma tissues, but
for the life of me can not

get normal tonsil tissue to stain.  I use a Retrieval solution with a
pH of 8, use Avidin / Biotin solutions, incubate in the primary for 60
minutes. The tonsil tissues that I

am testing are inhouse fixed and processed tissues. We use Zinc Formalin
for our fixation. Now that I think of it, I am also having trouble
getting a purchased control of

Lymphoma tissue to stain.  The kit that we are using is the Histostain +
kit, and we do our Immuno's manually.

What am I doing wrong or what am I not doing?

Thanks in advance to any and all replies.

Valerie Hannen, Histotechnologist
Parrish Medical Center
Titusville, Florida

"This email is intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. If the reader of this email is not the
intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please immediately