[Histonet] tumor bearing perfusion

Merced M Leiker leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
Mon Feb 22 12:55:31 CST 2010

This sounds a lot like what I did for my master's project. What I believe I
did to correct for the autofluorescence from RBCs was to have a group of
control tumor-bearing mice perfused with saline only, take readings as you
would with the dye samples, and in the analysis subtract out the saline
readings as background. In theory you should have a similar amount of blood
in your saline samples as in your dye samples, if your groups are large
enough to account for mouse-to-mouse (or tumor-to-tumor) variability (which
I found tended to be rather large...).

Regards,
Merced

Merced M Leiker
Research Technician III
Cardiovascular Medicine
348 Biomedical Research Building
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214  USA
leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
716-829-6118 (Ph)
716-829-2665 (Fx)

No trees were harmed in the sending of this email.
However, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.
--On Monday, February 22, 2010 10:40 AM -0800 Wisam Barkho