[Histonet] tumor bearing perfusion

Wisam Barkho hermeneus21 <@t> gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 12:40:39 CST 2010

Hello,

We are working on an oncology project that requires the administration of
fluorescent dyes in tumor bearing mice. The dyes are allowed to circulate
and then tumors are collected, homogenized and centrifuged for fluorescent
reading. Specifically, we are looking at the dyes in the interstitial fluid
and we cannot have any contamination from blood. We are getting a lot of
background fluorescence and we think it may be coming from blood in the
tissue. We want to perfuse the animal before tumor collection but we think
that if we perfusing with saline will affect the interstitial fluid as well.
Has anyone tried to perfuse with something that has high molecular weight?
Any advice, tips on this?