[Histonet] Hi to all.............

Weems, Joyce JWeems <@t> sjha.org
Tue Feb 16 19:06:23 CST 2010

Hello Don!! It has been a long time. Good to hear you're enjoying your
retirement. Please check in with us now and then. Don't wait so long
next time! Take care, j

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
Saint Joseph's Hospital
5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
678-843-7376 - Phone
678-843-7831 - Fax

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Don
Hammer
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2010 01:02
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Hi to all.............

Hi Histology Professionals,

I just finished reading the recent issue of "NSH In Action", noting a
reference to "Histonet" so thought to drop in to see how this very
important, long lasting exchange of information is going.

Congrats Linda with thanks to the UTSouthwestern for supporting the
site.  (14 years now I believe)

Perhaps there are a few colleagues still here, continuing to offer
assistance from their wealth of experience and knowledge, from back in
my Laboratory days (or was that Daze?)   :>)   It's been near 12 years
since retiring, wouldn't give it up for anything, but often think of you
all who are in the Profession and now preparing for "Histotechnology
Professionals Day"   Such a great opportunity to blow your own horn a
bit while making the general public aware of your support in the various
facets of Medicine.  Don't forget to celebrate all you do on a daily
basis.

I'm completely blown away at how NSH has grown from our Founding Meeting
36 years ago with it's extensive Symposium/Convention, Educational
Materials, Journal of Histotechnology, Summer Symposium's,
Teleconferences, Specialty Forums, Awards, Positions with or on Boards
of National Organizations, just to highlight a few.  When viewing the
Website containing so much info for Members it's hard to believe much of
it was kept on Card files and File drawers manned by one person in the
Office.  What's difficult to understand is the total Membership is
nearly the same number.

Well just sending some thoughts.  Think I figured out how to post a
comment, now I need to go figure out how to view the daily posts on
"Histonet"  It's been so long since doing that.

Don Hammer, Retired Guy
" I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired."

"I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was
younger"
Confidentiality Notice:
This email, including any attachments is the
property of Catholic Health East and is intended
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please reply to the
sender that you have received the message in
error, then delete this message.