[Histonet] Hi to all.............

Don Hammer donh7 <@t> earthlink.net
Mon Feb 15 00:02:27 CST 2010

Hi Histology Professionals,

I just finished reading the recent issue of "NSH In Action", noting a reference to "Histonet" so thought to drop in to see how this very important, long lasting exchange of information is going.

Congrats Linda with thanks to the UTSouthwestern for supporting the site.  (14 years now I believe)

Perhaps there are a few colleagues still here, continuing to offer assistance from their wealth of experience and knowledge, from back in my Laboratory days (or was that Daze?)   :>)   It's been near 12 years since retiring, wouldn't give it up for anything, but often think of you all who are in the Profession and now preparing for "Histotechnology Professionals Day"   Such a great opportunity to blow your own horn a bit while making the general public aware of your support in the various facets of Medicine.  Don't forget to celebrate all you do on a daily basis.

I'm completely blown away at how NSH has grown from our Founding Meeting 36 years ago with it's extensive Symposium/Convention, Educational Materials, Journal of Histotechnology, Summer Symposium's, Teleconferences, Specialty Forums, Awards, Positions with or on Boards of National Organizations, just to highlight a few.  When viewing the Website containing so much info for Members it's hard to believe much of it was kept on Card files and File drawers manned by one person in the Office.  What's difficult to understand is the total Membership is nearly the same number.

Well just sending some thoughts.  Think I figured out how to post a comment, now I need to go figure out how to view the daily posts on "Histonet"  It's been so long since doing that.

Don Hammer, Retired Guy
" I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired."

"I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I
was younger"