[Histonet] RE: Eliminating the edge effect in IHC/IF

Karen Cai kcai <@t> prosci-inc.com
Tue Feb 16 18:37:52 CST 2010

Hello,
Thank you very much for the help. I tried some methods and found that fixation plays major role in my case. 4% PFA followed with ETOH fixation improves.

Just want to share my experience here.

Best,
Karen

-----Original Message-----
From: Rene J Buesa [mailto:rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 12:40 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; C.M. van der Loos
Cc: kcai <@t> prosci-inc.com; cforster <@t> umn.edu
Subject: RE: Eliminating the edge effect in IHC/IF

Hi Dr. van der Loos:
I had also experienced that artifact caused by less than necessary reagents, but that happens mostly when IHC is done manually, or when the autostainer delivers less amount than required or programmed.
IF we assume that the colleague with the question did the IHC manually, your explanation can be accepted, otherwise, poor fixation is a valid cause to the problem.
René J.