[Histonet] TRAP assay - acid phosphatase

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sun Feb 7 10:24:35 CST 2010

I use TRAP enzyme histochemical assay from Sigma for osteoclasts on formalin
fixed EDTA decaled Bone paraffin sections, like Liz mentioned as well as
undecalcified frozen bone sections cut with a permanent tungsten carbide
blade in the cryostat using the Instrumedics tape transfer system.  My
frozen bone sections are also formalin fixed and sucrose infiltrated before
freezing.

I do not fix the frozen sections because they are already fixed in formalin.
One thing I do with that assay that may not be mentioned in the protocol
which is mainly for smears, is that I incubate at 37dc for at least an hour
and sometimes for 4 hours or more on paraffin or frozen tape sections.

Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215