[Histonet] Frozen Sections Slides per Day Question

soofia siddiqui soofias2 <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Feb 4 00:11:03 CST 2010

Hi dear histology experts,
I will greatly appreciate if somebody can let me know the estimated number of slides (with 3 sections per slide) per day on average a lab technician can cut (of frozen tissue).

I am a lab technician ( not a histotech) and work alone in a highly complex testing specialzed low volume dermatology lab.My job description includes 30 % of immunohistochemistry related dutites.  I cut skin frozen sections and do immunohistochemistry  manually for several years . My routiene panel consists of 12 antibodies for  T-cells  surface markers. Ocassionally  I add another panel of 8 antibodies for B-Cells.
I am very slow in cutting sections and strugle a lot to get good sections.
If I spend entire day ( 8 hours) just  cutting  3-4 section on each slide with slow speed. What  number of slides should be considered as efficent cutting?
What number of blocks (12 slides for each block with 3-4 sections) should I finish in one day?

Help me please if you can. Thanks. Soofia