[Histonet] fluorescence with xylene dehydration

gayle callis gayle.callis <@t> bresnan.net
Mon Feb 1 15:31:55 CST 2010

It also may depend on the fluorophore you are using (you did not say???)  John Kiernan's reply was excellent but if you are using Alexa or Dylight dyes, you should contact the technical services at Molecular Probes for Alexa and whoever makes the Dylight fluorophore since Histonet replies are mixed. Jackson Immunoresearch now supplies antibodies, etc conjugated to various Dylights, and their technical services are excellent for helping you.

Gayle M. Callis
HTL/HT/MT(ASCP)

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Emily Sours
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 11:18 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] fluorescence with xylene dehydration

Hello

Has anyone used a xylene dehydration at the end of fluorescent staining?
I've searched the histonet archives for this answer but the answers were
mixed.  I thought I'd ask again to see if there were any new opinions.

Emily

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4824 (20100201) __________

http://www.eset.com