[Histonet] Fwd: Nor Cal Histotech program

Jonathan Krupp jkrupp <@t> deltacollege.edu
Tue Dec 28 17:22:54 CST 2010

Hi

I am new here. I am part of an EM tech training program at Delta College in Stockton, CA.

We train students to do EM, fixing, sectioning, staining, and instrument operation.

Some of my students have been asking about LM histotech sort of things. They want to know more about histo techniques in general and maybe broadening their job prospects beyond EM.

I am exploring the possibilities of adding more LM histotech things to the program and seek advice. Is there room for another program? Is seeking accreditation worth while? What would I need to get set up? Are there jobs available for graduates?

Just getting started, your advice will be invaluable.

Jon

Jonathan Krupp
Delta College
5151Pacific Ave.