[Histonet] CAP Question regarding procedure manual

BSullivan <@t> shorememorial.org BSullivan <@t> shorememorial.org
Thu Dec 23 08:55:37 CST 2010

When there is a change or new procedure made part of the existing manual it
is noted on a separate sheet designated for this. After this new or changed
procedure is signed off by the Medical Director it is given to the rest of
the department to read. This is initialed by each person on that sheet.
These sheets are within the manuals.

Beatrice Sullivan, HT(A.S.C.P.) HTL , AAS, CLSP(N.C.A.)
AP Supervisor
Shore Memorial Hospital
609-653-3590

Speak only well of people and you need never whisper

             WILLIAM DESALVO
             <wdesalvo.cac <@t> hot
             mail.com>                                                  To
                                       <bsullivan <@t> shorememorial.org>,
             12/23/2010 08:26          Victor Tobias
             AM                        <victor <@t> pathology.washington.edu>
                                                                        cc
                                       histonet
                                       ,
                                       <histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwest
                                       ern.edu>
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [Histonet] CAP Question
                                       regarding procedure manual

Beatrice,
How do you show proof to CAP that your employees that use the procedures
and perform the tasks described in the procedures have reviewed and
understand the procedure when there is a new one during your cycle year and
before it is implemented?

CAP has changed the way they inspect and they are now looking for how
whether the employees performing a task described in the procedure
understands the procedure and is performing exactly as the procedure
describes. They are not as concerned that the Supervisor and management
knows about the procedures, they want to see how informed, trained and
competent the bench employee is.

William DeSalvo, B.S., HTL(ASCP)