AW: [Histonet] need ur help

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Tue Dec 21 04:14:10 CST 2010

Is there a new procedure while biopsies are aquired? New doctor, new
assistant? Somebody who lets dry out the biopsies?
Gudrun

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von wassan
alkadhumi
Gesendet: Montag, 20. Dezember 2010 18:43
An: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: [Histonet] need ur help

Hi all
Hope u r all doing well, am an Iraqi histotech working in both
histopathology and IHC department in Iraq. One part of what i do is IHC
(manual) i have no problem with, the other part is what i have problems
with,
Renals and Livers, we do regular H &E stain , PAS and Masson Tirchrome and
all
of them were text book quality until ten days ago, the problem is the Stains

even the H&E are not Fine, its smugish. And the most important stain  for
the
histopathologist is the Trichrome which it should be fine and delacate and
its
not. I checked the procedures and stain preparations and i doing it the
correctly , I made new solutions and did prolonged deparaffinization 10 min
each
step (3 xylenes,  2 100%ETOH,  one 90%ETOH, one 70%ETOH) and there was no
difference. I should mention that those problems happened with only Renal
and
Liver biopsies the H&E and PAS on other types of tissues are working just
great. the one thing that changed before 10 days ago is the wether it became

really cold and our lab temp. is not controlled.  Am going crazy please help
me
Thank u a lot

Wassan
Histotech.