[Histonet] RE: Mohs H&E QC

John Shelley jshelley <@t> sanfordburnham.org
Wed Dec 1 07:54:31 CST 2010

Hi Kari,

I worked doing Mohs for over 10 years and the way that we handled the issue of a quality control slide is that typically you can find some positive and negative areas within the first patient sample. We would take the very first sample and section for the control slide and run it down to ensure that the stainer was set-up correctly and that the solutions were still viable.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me. Thanks!!!

Kind Regards!

John J Shelley
Senior Research Associate, Histology Core Facility
Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute at Lake Nona
6400 Sanger Road
Orlando, FL 32827
Tel: (407) 745-2000 Ext.2517
Fax: (407) 745-2001
email:  jshelley <@t> sanfordburnham.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Breal, Kari
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 8:11 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Mohs H&E QC

What is the easiest way to be compliant with the CLIA guideline of a daily H&E positive and negative control slide in a Mohs lab?  Would a slide with a known positive and a known negative precut and stored in the freezer, then one run with the first case be acceptable?  Anyone performing Mohs, please let me know how you are handling this.

Thanks,
Kari

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.