[Histonet] Cleaning molds

chapcl <@t> yahoo.com chapcl <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 11:16:34 CDT 2010

Back when I was using metal cassette lids and an autotechnicon (so no cleaning in the processor) I would throw all the lids and molds into a pot after embedding. Throw a bit of laboratory detergent in, fill with water, and boil on a hot plate. Once I got to a rolling boil, I would turn the heat off. By the end of the day it was cool.  Peel the paraffin off the top, then rinse the molds.

Worked great!  Didn't even need mold release.

Will

From: "Webb, Dorothy L" <Dorothy.L.Webb <@t> HealthPartners.Com>
Sender: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 10:53:58
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'<histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] Cleaning molds

Does anyone in histoland clean their embedding molds in a dishwasher?  Otherwise, besides placing in the cleaning cycle of your processor, how do sites clean their molds??  Simple, but plaguing question!!!!!!!  Thanks all!

Dorothy Webb

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the HealthPartners Support Center by telephone at (952) 967-6600. You will be reimbursed for reasonable costs incurred in notifying us. HealthPartners R001.0