[Histonet] Ventana vs Leica

Mighnon Lashus MLashus <@t> pathgroup.com
Thu Aug 26 09:35:27 CDT 2010

I agree with you Jan; we love our Ventana Instruments (3 XTs, 1 Ultra).  I would trade my XTs for 3 more Ultras if I could talk Ventana into it.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Mahoney,Janice A
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2010 10:08 AM
To: 'BSullivan <@t> shorememorial.org'; Jay Lundgren
Cc: histonet; histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Ventana vs Leica

We love our Ventana instruments too Jay.  I don't quite believe the 40% difference in cost.  I'd like to see those numbers.  I know I save in tech time and the instruments are very easy to use.  We have histo assistants and secretaries trained to load and unload the instruments, saving out techs to do the things only techs can do.  Talk about LEAN!
A little more from a LEAN perspective, the Ultra is the only instrument out there that is "TRUE" continuous flow. As soon as there is an open spot on the instrument and the antibody is on board, I can add a slide.  I don't have to wait till one of the 10 slide modules is finished.  Leica is still a batch instrument, it is just smaller batches than the older IHC models. I'm not putting Leica down, it is a fine instrument but I think it is important for people to know the facts.
Jan Mahoney
Omaha