[Histonet] RE: cpt code for fused twin placentas

Joanne Clark jclark <@t> pcnm.com
Fri Aug 20 12:20:37 CDT 2010

We charge for two if when the specimens are received there is a clip on
one of the placental cords.  The same for twin placenta's that aren't
fused, if there is a way to distinguish between the two, we bill two.

Message: 19
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 08:33:31 -0400
From: "Houston, Ronald" <Ronald.Houston <@t> nationwidechildrens.org>
Subject: [Histonet] cpt code for fused twin placentas
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"
<E02E1309B208F94C83B968E45781001A234057247E <@t> NCHEXMBX01.columbuschildrens
.net>

Can you charge 88307 x2 for fused twin placentas? I'm not sure as
strictly only one specimen was received, but our billing company says
yes?

Ronnie Houston, MS HT(ASCP)QIHC
Anatomic Pathology Manager

ChildLab, a Division of Nationwide Children's Hospital

www.childlab.com

700 Children's Drive
Columbus, OH 43205
(P) 614-722-5450
(F) 614-722-2899
ronald.houston <@t> nationwidechildrens.org<mailto:ronald.houston <@t> nationwidec
hildrens.org>
www.NationwideChildrens.org<http://www.NationwideChildrens.org>

"One person with passion is better than forty people merely interested."
~ E.M. Forster