[Histonet] muscle stain

Sherwood, Margaret MSHERWOOD <@t> PARTNERS.ORG
Tue Aug 17 16:18:18 CDT 2010

Masson Trichrome stains collagen and muscle.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Perry, Margaret
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 5:06 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] muscle stain

I am posting this for a friend.  . They would like to stain muscle.
The eosin and hematoxylin stain gives us too much information since it stains
the nucleus separately from the cytoplasm and confuses the image analysis
software. What we need is the measurement of  the cell diameter only, a simpler
stain. Thanks for any info you can give me. Deon Simon
Any help you can give her on how to measure or a stain will be very much
appreciated.

Margaret Perry HT(ASCP)
Dept of Veterinary and  Biomedical services
Box 2175
South Dakota State University
Brookings SD 57007
605-688-5638